Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WWE at home

I'm not quite sure what my children do when I'm not around, but I am convinced that J is allowing them to watch WWE when I am out on my long runs on Saturday mornings. What gives me this suspicion you ask? Well, the obvious of course.

Both Dizzle and Doodle have recently become OBSESSED with wrestling. It's like a never-ending competition to see who can crush the other one's skull first. It usually starts off tame. One girl hugs or kisses the other and then ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE! Doodle usually finds a way to swing her leg around Dizzle's waist, pinning her on the floor in a head lock. Next thing I know, limbs are flying everywhere and someone is screaming that they can't breathe. FANTASTIC!

I'm sure it won't be long now before toddler chairs get thrown into the mix. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw Doodle climbing on the table today in an attempt to get a better angle at which to body slam Dizzle. (Yes, I stopped her.)

The problem that I am facing is that I can't stop them. Not only do they think it's a riot, so do J and I. It's hard to tell your kids to stop something when you can't keep a straight face. So, I am pretty sure that I am left with two options. Either let them keep at it until someone breaks an arm (I'm pretty sure I could keep a straight face then) or remove everything from their playroom and pad the walls. Anyone know which option would be cheaper?

1 comment:

gba_gf said...

Broken arm's going to be cheaper financially... with insurance and all, but then you're going to have that pesky guilt thing going down....

Honestly though, it sounds hysterical to me! I'm sure they'll be "fine". And think of this, Dizzle will quickly learn how to take someone down who outweighs her, and that's a skill we all need.