Thursday, April 7, 2011

3TT: jealous edition

1. Tomorrow morning at 5:35, J and Dizzle are headed to Disney for the weekend. I had two park passes from the Disney Princess Media Mixer that I hadn't used (one was mine and one was given to me by Monique @ Mo Travels). Initially, I thought that J and I would sneak away for a kid-free weekend, but logistically, it was too complicated.

So, instead, I suggested to J that he take Dizzle there to celebrate her upcoming 6th birthday, in lieu of a party. Coincidentally, J turned 31 on Monday, so it looks like they will be celebrating his birthday too. It worked out quite well. Perfect, actually. And between redeemed points for the hotel and car rental, we only had to pay for the flights, which cost within a few dollars of Doodle's party last month.

Honestly, I am really excited for them to a have weekend of Daddy and Dizzle time. But, let it be known that I am 100% jealous that they are going and the rest of us are not.

2. I have bike envy. Don't get me wrong, my bike is fine. It works. Yes, I want new handlebars. And a new saddle would be nice. But, it's functioning and I know that's all that matters. And I know, eventually, I will get my way and J will let me upgrade. But, I'm impatient and the Performance Bike catalog was delivered yesterday ...

3. And you should all be jealous of Shannon @ Tough Chik. She named my bike for me. Here's what she said ...

"Ummm...a good name...what do you think of Sleeper? They call cars that don't look fast, but can blow the doors off other cars sleepers. Your bike doesn't look flashy and fast, but the motor (you) will blow the doors off the competition!"

I read that and knew it was the perfect description of me and my bike. The choice was obvious. Sleeper, it is! So, Shannon, shoot me an email with your address and I will send you a little thank you gift.

See, I told you that you should be jealous ...

23 comments:

Marlene said...

Aw, I hope J & Dizzle have an awesome time!!

GREAT name for Sleeper!

COME TO PHILLY

Rachel said...

Love the name!! I would be jealous too-- thanks for reminding me about that park pass...

Running Ricig said...

if only you were going to disney too! I'm headed there this weekend!!

Anne said...

Perfect name!

Dizzle is one lucky little princess to get to spend a weekend alone at Disney with her daddy...also perfect! :)

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Awe!!! how cool, all around, the trip and the bike name! And I totally feel ya on the envy thing too...any time my hubby goes anywhere I get all envious. =) You'll just have to make it a fun time for you and the girls at home!

Silly Girl Running said...

Step away from the Performance Bike Catalog! ;)

Julia said...

LOVE the bike name...so awesome and perfect! And super jealous of J and Dizzle's disney trip :)

have an awesome day!!

Beth said...

Dizzle and J are so lucky! A birthday trip to Disneyworld is such an amazing gift! I'm jealous, too :)

gba_gf said...

Performance is having 'double rewards' points this weekend too - it's like a 20% rebate given back in the form of a gift card... just. sayin'.

A new saddle = worth every cent.

And you SHOULD have bike envy... my bike is totally GBA... and will be even more so if I can ever get the pedals changed out...

Allison said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and a great way to celebrate some birthdays! :)

I love the bike name. My bike is nameless, maybe I need to talk to Shannon. :)

Run with Jess said...

Sleeper is perfect!! I love it!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I will never cease to be amazed at your family. Can I please send you my financials and have you create a budget for my family? If you can do birthdays in Disney while on a budget you have soooo much I need to learn!! Could you just get to writing your book already! ;-) I'll take a signed copy.

No bike envy here. I just don't like the scenery going by so quickly but I do miss getting to see places farther away than where I run but not enough to start biking again.

I love Shannon's definition of Sleeper, I thought Sleepers were the cars on a train where you sleep. hee hee hee

How was your cupcake?

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

LOVE the bike name!! It's perfect! :)

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I'm in the "want to upgrade your bike" pool with you! We'll both get there eventually, but for now, work with what you've got and we'll both appreciate it more when we look like cycling elites! haha

Love the name Sleeper! Great choice.

SupermomE13 said...

Heck, I am jealous they are going to Disney world !:) I hope they have a great time though. What an awesome little getaway for them. Next time it's your turn, right??

And I love the name Sleeper for your bike. Awesome!

Tough Chik said...

So exciting for J, Dizzle and ME! My hubby (and car nut) will be so proud! Yeah, really happy you choose sleeper!

Invest in a good saddle ASAP! It will change your life, or at least your life on the bike. I ride a Selle Italia lady and I love it!

Emily said...

you are a GREAT mom and wife.

and let it be known, no matter how many times you upgrade that bike, the bike envy will NEVER go away.

Jen said...

I'll just have to save my biking naming abilities for your next one.

Hannah said...

Daddy/daughter days are the best! I think that is awesome for both of them. Love it!

MCM Mama said...

Love the bike name! How very perfect for you!

And, yeah, I get the jealousy thing. I have bike envy and I don't even bike, so really I'm jealous of you and the fact that J was ok with putting the trainer in the house. Beer Geek refuses to even discuss bringing a bike into our already overfull house.

Anonymous said...

Aw, they'll have a great time. And i'd be more than a little jealous!

Happy Birthday to the hubs and Dizzle!

Kerrie said...

Hahahaha! I'm jealous, too.

Becka said...

Daddy/Daughter weekend? Could it BE any more adorable??? I love it.