Monday, April 25, 2011

dear legs ...

Dear Legs,

I want to apologize for what I put you through on Saturday. I know that our first ever run-bike-run was a challenge and that I didn't choose the easiest course. But, honestly, I didn't choose the course. G did. And we all know when she's in charge, there are going to be hills.

And really, who are we kidding? You were built for this kind of work, TORTURE, whatever you want to call it. Just look at you.

I'm not trying to boost your ego. You know that's not photoshopped. That right there is 100% all natural. And it's fierce. Just embrace it. And the power you hold.

Yes, I realize those climbs were tough. I know I'm asking you to power a lot of weight up those hills. And it's true that a six mile run, followed by a 13.5 mile ride and another 2 mile run is crazy tiring. But, I promise, it will get better. Easier. Know that one day, I will upgrade Sleeper and maybe, just maybe, you won't have to work quite as hard. Maybe.

But until that day comes, know that I love you. And that will never change. But, I need to be honest with you. Saturday was just the start. There is a lot more pain coming your way. So be prepared.

Love always,
TMB

25 comments:

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Good grief, woman! That quad is amazing!!

Emily said...

seriously, your legs are a machine. i say keep torturing them and they'll continue to treat you well.

gba_gf said...

laughing because... yea... hills are... yea....

Running Ricig said...

you can totally do this! you're awesome

Carly said...

Um, I'm not going to tell your legs this, but I think when you upgrade your bike it might actually get harder. Lol.

Jen said...

I had to write a letter to my long run. Just could not manage it yesterday after the 41.92 mile bike ride on Sat. I know it is good to run on tired legs... but almost 8 was all I could manage.

I love your quad... I mean, I love mine... but yours... WOW!

fancy nancy said...

Those are some strong quads!!! This is hilarious!!!

Allison said...

If you legs look like that now, I can't imagine what they will look like after a few months of regular biking added into your routine! Impressive!

Marlene said...

HARD CORE! Those quads were MADE for this kind of stuff!!

Katie said...

you look freaking hard core. IT IS AWESOME.

Penny said...

Way to go. You got some quads on you girlfriend.

Runners Fuel said...

Yuo are awesome!!

Meredith said...

Love it! You are a rockstar!

Unknown said...

Woowee! Look at those awesome legs - love it!!

Running Girl said...

Holy leg muscles! You're amazing.

Alvira Blue-Roberts said...

Wow!! I am a new follower. You have some strong legs and

Julia said...

your legs are serious!!! wow. I am inspired. LOVE this letter to your legs. hilarious but so true :) have a good day!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You are so lean it's crazy jealousy-inducing! Oh yeah, add determined too. Did I mention I'm an emotional eater? I'm going to go eat another peanut butter egg. Maybe I'll do lunges on the way to the kitchen?

Julie D. said...

keep torturing those babies! Way to go!!

Rene' said...

Every time you write about your quads I have to comment on them. They are great and i have to say I love my quads, but you definitely beat mine out.
Good job on your bike. It is hard, but all that hard work will pay off! Happy Monday!

ajh said...

I want to be you! Today I biked ran biked but with 8 hours or so inbetween the first two. I need to get tougher and put more power into it. You are awesome.

kat said...

Very impressive,
you look fantastic too.

Gaspegirl said...

OMGoodness... those legs are crazy impressive!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hahahaha... I am in the same boat sister.. Diet time starts NOW!! Cucumbers here I come.. UGH!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Those legs have got a lot of life left in 'em. You're just only waking them up! I can sense it.