Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Things Thursday ...

Road Trip - Yesterday morning, the girls and I embarked on a road trip from Virginia to Rhode Island and after six bathroom breaks and 11 hours of Radio Disney, we arrived. I stepped out of the car tired, sore and hungry. The girls bounced out like I had poured sugar down their throats the entire ride. Go figure.

Anyway, we will be in New England visiting J's family until next Wednesday when we will have the pleasure of traversing the 440 miles home again. Oh and did I mention that we should be arriving home a mere 12 hours before my flight takes off for Seattle and Hood to Coast with Nuun Platuun? Sounds like a great plan, right?

NYC Revelations - As we drove past NYC yesterday, I said to the girls, "Look out Dizzle's window and you will see NYC." They did and then Dizzle and I had this exchange ...


Dizzle: "Mom, that's NYC? It's extra humungous."
Me: "Yes, it is really big. Millions of people live there. Did you know that I am going to run my next marathon there?"
Dizzle: "Really? So, are you going to run from one end to the other and back?"
Me: "Yeah, something like that."
Dizzle: "Wow, you are going to get doubly sweaty. Really, mom, the city is SO BIG! I guess that's why they call it the 'BIG CITY' "

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Free Stuff and Good Karma
- Have you entered my wicked awesome Running Skirts raffle to raise funds for Grassroot Soccer (My NYC Marathon Charity Team). The winner will take home a COMPLETE OUTFIT from Running Skirts. Shirt. Skirt. Socks. Gear Bag. Winner takes all. I am just $434 away from hitting my $3000 goal and I need your help to get there!

All you need to do is make a donation HERE. For every $5 you donate, you get one entry. All of the details can be found HERE. And as an extra incentive to donate, if you make a contribution TODAY, I will give you five (5) bonus entries to the raffle. Plus, you'll earn some good karma. So what are you waiting for?

21 comments:

Dani said...

Yay for Rhodey!! Hope you have a great trip up here!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun visiting family

Run with Jess said...

OMG, what a road trip! Now you are SuperMom on top of being SuperRunner. I dread traveling with my kids like the plague...

April said...

Hopefully you are able to get a little rest before the hood to coast!
I love dizzle-isms!
Have a great time in New England!

Rachel said...

Just donated $15, T. Hope it helps!

fancy nancy said...

Wow!!! Road trip to Little Rhody!!! Have fun! I love Dizzle's conversation!!!

Running Ricig said...

Where are you in New England...I am in New England every day :).

MCM Mama said...

I don't envy you that drive or only having about 12 hours before your flight. I did the turn around between one trip and another in 36 hours and thought my head was going to explode!

Love the NYC conversation!

Jon said...

Are you running NYC this November? I am. As long as my knee cooperates.

Anonymous said...

My $10 donation put you over $2,600! Best of luck in the "BIG CITY"!

Marlene said...

You are a road trip & fundraising QUEEN!

Karen said...

You are traveling all over the place this summer! Love that comment "you are going to get doubly sweaty" too cute!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I just don't know how you do it. I was thanking God that I didn't go crazy and hurt the kids after 4 hours!

I'm wanting to quit my job and you need $$. Hey, I'm there for ya! Wish it was more! Donation made.

SupermomE13 said...

I always feel SO exhausted after being in the car. Why IS that when you are just sitting still? Glad you got there safely! Very cool you drove past NYC! My oldest son was in NY visiting grandparents and they showed him the marathon route while they were up on the Empire state building. So cool! Can't wait! We will be doubly sweaty together in that BIG city! :)

Have a great trip and I am super excited for your 70.3!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Car trips are tough and I can't imagine with that jamn packed kiddo energy!

See you in a week!!!

justme said...

the question is

what is harder

car trip w kids or hood to coast ?

The Jesse said...

i just donated $25, its all i could afford but i wanted to help out :)

what a loooong road trip! have fun!!!

Fruit Fly said...

The sad thing is that sounds like a conversation I'd have with my mom .... and I'm certainly not Dizzle's age!

So cute!

XLMIC said...

Love the kid comments!

Hope you guys have an amazing time in Rhode Island! And a safe and comfortable drive home!

Julie D. said...

that is awesome...excited for you to run in the 'big city'. NYC is definitely on my 'bucket list'. Have a great time at Hood 2 Coast. I may try and get out there and cheer you guys on somewhere along the route.

~* Jenn *~ said...

Looks like you made your goal already, but I still donated. What a great cause!