Thursday, August 25, 2011

Three Things Thursday ...

Blogger Brunch - On Sunday, J's parents and I took the girls to New Hampshire for some outdoor adventures, including gondola riding/hiking and Storyland. On the way up, the girls and I stopped at the Black Forest Cafe to have brunch with Rene and her two youngest children.

It was awesome. The food was amazing. The kids totally got along (and were planning future playdates). And Rene is awesomesauce. She so needs to move to Virginia. I'm not sure I can convince her, but she is visiting for the Richmond Marathon in November. And I can not wait to see her again.


Cupcakes - Yesterday, I drove the 11 hours home from Rhode Island with three children who were in fine form. Full on tantrums. Biting. Kicking. And yelling (sometimes out of joy, sometimes out of agony). It was rough. But when I came home, I found this on my dresser.

Who has the best husband ever? Yeah, that's right. I do.

Free Stuff and Good Karma - Thanks to some amazing generosity from so many of you, I have reached my $3,000 goal! I can not express my gratitude enough. For each $25 that Grassroot Soccer raises, one child will be educated to be an agent of change against HIV/AIDS in his or her community.

Thus, I have no intention of stopping here and you still have time to make a donation. Plus, any contribution you make will earn you entry in my wicked awesome Running Skirts raffle. The winner will take home a COMPLETE OUTFIT from Running Skirts. Shirt. Skirt. Socks. Gear Bag. Winner takes all.

All you need to do is make a donation HERE. For every $5 you donate, you get one entry. All of the details can be found HERE. And as an extra incentive to donate, if you make a contribution TODAY, I will give you five (5) bonus entries to the raffle. Plus, you'll earn some good karma. So what are you waiting for?

12 comments:

Running Ricig said...

you DO have the best husband ever. I think you only need one box, send the other my way :)

christa said...

cupcakes, YUM!

kimert said...

You had me at cupcakes!
I would be in heaven. Nice!

Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

OK, so that gesture from your husband was so thoughtful and sweet. he is pretty awesome and i know you deserve one another. so wonderful.
and hooooooorrrraaaaayyy for reaching your $3000 fundraising goal! that is truly incredible, tonia. you are doing such an amazing thing and i am proud to know you.
have a fantastic time at H2C!! i can't wait to hear all about it. it is going to be an experience you will never forget. i am so excited for all of you!!! xxxooo

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. The note is what really makes it though. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on reaching your goal!! Those cupcakes look phenom, and now that you mentioned storyland, I can't get the hookline from the commercial out of my head! "storyland, storylanddd"

Rachel said...

best husband ever!!! I now want one of those cupcakes!

Unknown said...

I can not stress the importance of DVD players on long rides. I starve my girls of all media the week before and they turn into little TV zombies for the car ride. I travel home 14 hours to colorado and my kids are pretty much amazing in the car.

Katie said...

yum! what a nice husband. :)

Marlene said...

Those cupcakes look heavenly! But - do they travel well? You're headed out west!

Elizabeth said...

how do they change your cupcake goal for the year?? i would eat all of them :):)

Unknown said...

Um... your hubby can send me cupcakes if he'd like! :) Or get in touch with my hubby to let him know how it's done! :)