Saturday, January 2, 2010

once again, my outfit was the highlight

Remember when I ran that marathon in November in my totally cute running skirt and pink striped socks? Remember how EVERYONE on the course cheered for me (or my outfit)? Well, it seems that my outfit has once again brought attention to my running (and my running team's for that matter.) This is what I wore for yesterday's 10K.

All my teammates wore the same (minus the socks). We were so eye-catching that we got interviewed by the Richmond Times Dispatch. You can read the article HERE. But the real kicker is that my picture ended up on the front page of the Metro section. I haven't seen it yet, but people have been saying it's good. God, I hope so. A lot of people read that paper ...

11 comments:

Kerrie said...

Very cool! I wish they posted the picture online, though.

Alicia said...

Adorable! You deserve to be on the front page! The gals over at Running Skirts I'm sure would love to see the newspaper pic. Maybe you could get something free for all the advertising you've been doing for them?!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

CUTE.. Cant wait to see the article.

I still WANT those Pink Socks. Once you see them for sale again I will send you money.

SO STINKIN CUTE T!!!!!

Teamarcia said...

Love, love, love it! That cheetah skirt must shave at least a minute off of your time! HOT!

Zoƫ said...

Go Running Skirts!! The outfit is rad! WOOT!

sam said...

Fantastical!!! That is too good! When I run my half I am taking a page out of your book! I WANT those socks!!! You need to post the picture up so we can all check it out!!

gba_gf said...

I'll try to get you your paper today if I can get past your house... I can't believe I didn't wear the socks. I almost did ... what was I thinking? Where did the psychic link break down?

Katie A. said...

That outfit is GREAT! And don't beat yourself up, you are just 3 weeks out from an injury! You did awesome! Happy New Year girly!

robinbb said...

Love the skirt! I have the cheetah/purple skirt and was thinking of wearing it to my half marathon on Saturday. I am wearing the new plaid skirt on Sunday to my marathon. I am a runningskirts lover!

April said...

Super cute! I haven't tried a running skirt yet. Love the picture with kids laying all over!! Ha!

C.G. the Foodie said...

Love it!!!!!