So, I went back to the Witch Doctor yesterday for a follow up on my uneven legs and messed up tailbone. He had both good and bad news. The bad was that my tailbone is, in fact, broken. Yup. I broke my butt. Fortunately, it happened three weeks ago and it usually takes six to eight weeks to heal, so I am like half way there!
The good news was that he is pretty sure that my uneven legs can be corrected. From the x-rays, it looks like when I broke my pelvis, it reset in the wrong position causing the difference in my leg length. So, the Witch Doctor worked his magic (not really sure what he did, but it involved slamming on my SI joint which kind of felt like breaking my pelvis all over again). And guess what? I stood up and MY LEGS WERE EVEN! He said that it's probably temporary due to the fact that my body will try to force itself back into the position it has been in for the last 16 years. But that he can keep adjusting my pelvis and eventually it should stick! Can I just tell you how excited I am?
In other news, Katye tagged me with an Honest Scrap Award (not quite sure what that is, but I figure I'm scrappy, so I'll take it.) Accepting requires me to answer the following 10 questions:
1. Best Meal Ever: Hands down, garlic and pepper crabs. My dad made this for us all the time when we were kids. I could eat them FOREVER and now, when I smell them cooking I instantly think of my Dad.
2. Best Sleep Ever: Obviously, it was on Wednesday night - my first night in my new king size bed! That didn't suck ...
3. Best Cup of Coffee: Well, I have always hated coffee. At least I hated it until I was pregnant with Dilly. Then suddenly it was all I wanted to drink. Now I drink like 4 cups a day. And without a doubt, Dunkin Donuts coffee is the best. No question about it ...
4. Best Romantic Moment: OK, so you know that moment in movies where the girl and the boy lock eyes and the rest of the room becomes a blur? Well, I had a moment like that with J. We were in a bar in Wales and we were sitting at a table talking and I just remember looking at him and thinking to myself, "Wow!" and in that instant, it felt like everyone else disappeared ...
5. Best Childhood Memory: When I was a kid, we used to take a bunch of tubes, tie them together and float down the Delaware River. We'd spend the whole day on the river, swimming, eating, relaxing. It was so simple, but so much fun. It was always my favorite part of summer vacation.
6. Best Moment of Your Life: Without a doubt, becoming a mother. There is something about holding your baby for the first time that just can't be explained.
7. Best Moment of Revenge: Hmm? I'm not sure I have had one yet. Maybe it will happen at that 10 year reunion I was telling you about ...
8. Best Thing Someone Has Done For You: My parents taught me about determination, sacrifice and self-sufficiency. They have been great examples on how to live your life and I am beyond thankful for that.
9. Best Thing You Have Done For Someone Else: I once read this shirt that said, "I grow people. What's your superpower?" Having my children is definitely the best thing I have done for someone else. I have loved them. Nourished them. And sacrificed for them. And I will continue to do all of that until the day I die.
10. Best Life Changing Moment: Take one guess ... That's right, the moment I laced up my running shoes for the first time. Running has changed me in so many ways and I just can't figure out why I didn't start it sooner ...
And now to pass it on. I bestow the Honest Scrap Award on ...
Sarah @ Brunette on the Run
Saundra @ Fitness for Foodies
Angela @ Life of a Former Beauty Queen (she's new to blogging and my little sister ... go show her some love)
Jill @ Running to Sanity
Meg @ Meg Runs!
WOW! That is CRAZY about your legs!!! I'm floored! Keep us updated on how it is going, I am curious to see if you get permanent results!
What a fun list of "bests". Love it!
Also... not many people can say they broke their butt! Hope you are all healed up soon.
Hi!! Kerrie from Mom Vs Marathon suggested I give you a holler. I am running the disney princess half. I'm coming from NY so she thought you might have some destination racing packing tips for me? I'm so nervous I am going to forget something!
PS - I'm sorry you broke your butt :( Does it hurt when running?
Glad you are on your way to feeling better. But I have to say....that adjustment you'll be getting sounds so painful :( But worth it right??
Oh my gosh, you broke your tailbone?!?!?!? Can you still run? I guess as long as the leg procedure works then roll with it :)
Oh my, I can't believe you broke your butt!! Thankfully you're half way healed. Glad that your legs can be "fixed" too...yea!! I love that list, it almost made me cry when I read most of it...truly from your heart. Have a great weekend!
Glad that your leg fix was an easy one. I hope it sticks!
Broken tailbone. Been there. Ouch.
Nice list. I love # 8!
That's awesome that your leg issue has been resolved- more or less. Also awesome that you know when you'll get rid of your literal pain-in-the-rear!
I really loved your answers and thanks for tagging me.
You broke you tailbone??? ouch. And that's crazy how the Witch Dr. is fixing your legs!
And I agree about becoming a mother, I didn't realize until my son was born that I had been waiting for him all my life. : )
My husband won a random award in our New Year's Day run this year and one of many prizes was 10 pounds of Dunkin Doughnuts Coffee!
OUCH! a broken butt?? hope that gets better asap!
Great list! That's so amazing about your legs...just can't believe it!
Hope your butt feels better!
And the list is so fun. I always love learning things like this about other bloggers!
Wow your answers were so great! The romantic moment made my heart smile. Hope your butt gets better.
Yay for even legs! I hope you do not have to keep going back... sounded painful.
I never knew that I should be thankful for even legs.
I'm honestly SO sorry that I giggled when you told us you broke your butt! You can take away my scrappy award now, I'm so sorry for laughing! Seriously though, this post was wonderful. I loved what you said about your parents and about you being a parent. You are so sincere for someone with a broken butt! JK, get better so you can do all the things you love. Bless your witch doctor for fixing your legs!
So happy the Witch Dr helped you! Still hurts me to think about your butt! :-(
I really enjoy your blog, it is a bright spot in my day!
you have a broken hiney! Like ouch! Super dude witch docta is working his magic, that's awesome that he can do that with no major invasive treatments!
Wow...what a course of events. Hope that you continue to heal well and quickly.
Oh yikes! A broken butt and uneven legs?! At least it sounds like one is halfway healed and there is a solution for the other!
Great news about your legs!
Isn't it funny how your tailbone can have a fracture without your knowing it? Mine was discovered later too - about 10 years later, after it healed itself. Our bodies are wierd.
Your little sister is blogging how fun.. You broke your butt.. LOL!! Sorry..
Heal quickly! Does not sound like fun.
How the heck did you break your butt?? I love #9: I grow people. Just love it!
Have a great weekend!
Wow - I can't believe your leg is fixed! Awesomeness!
Post a Comment