So, I went back to the Witch Doctor yesterday for a follow up on my uneven legs and messed up tailbone. He had both good and bad news. The bad was that my tailbone is, in fact, broken. Yup. I broke my butt. Fortunately, it happened three weeks ago and it usually takes six to eight weeks to heal, so I am like half way there!
The good news was that he is pretty sure that my uneven legs can be corrected. From the x-rays, it looks like when I broke my pelvis, it reset in the wrong position causing the difference in my leg length. So, the Witch Doctor worked his magic (not really sure what he did, but it involved slamming on my SI joint which kind of felt like breaking my pelvis all over again). And guess what? I stood up and MY LEGS WERE EVEN! He said that it's probably temporary due to the fact that my body will try to force itself back into the position it has been in for the last 16 years. But that he can keep adjusting my pelvis and eventually it should stick! Can I just tell you how excited I am?
In other news, Katye tagged me with an Honest Scrap Award (not quite sure what that is, but I figure I'm scrappy, so I'll take it.) Accepting requires me to answer the following 10 questions:
1. Best Meal Ever: Hands down, garlic and pepper crabs. My dad made this for us all the time when we were kids. I could eat them FOREVER and now, when I smell them cooking I instantly think of my Dad.
2. Best Sleep Ever: Obviously, it was on Wednesday night - my first night in my new king size bed! That didn't suck ...
3. Best Cup of Coffee: Well, I have always hated coffee. At least I hated it until I was pregnant with Dilly. Then suddenly it was all I wanted to drink. Now I drink like 4 cups a day. And without a doubt, Dunkin Donuts coffee is the best. No question about it ...
4. Best Romantic Moment: OK, so you know that moment in movies where the girl and the boy lock eyes and the rest of the room becomes a blur? Well, I had a moment like that with J. We were in a bar in Wales and we were sitting at a table talking and I just remember looking at him and thinking to myself, "Wow!" and in that instant, it felt like everyone else disappeared ...
5. Best Childhood Memory: When I was a kid, we used to take a bunch of tubes, tie them together and float down the Delaware River. We'd spend the whole day on the river, swimming, eating, relaxing. It was so simple, but so much fun. It was always my favorite part of summer vacation.
6. Best Moment of Your Life: Without a doubt, becoming a mother. There is something about holding your baby for the first time that just can't be explained.
7. Best Moment of Revenge: Hmm? I'm not sure I have had one yet. Maybe it will happen at that 10 year reunion I was telling you about ...
8. Best Thing Someone Has Done For You: My parents taught me about determination, sacrifice and self-sufficiency. They have been great examples on how to live your life and I am beyond thankful for that.
9. Best Thing You Have Done For Someone Else: I once read this shirt that said, "I grow people. What's your superpower?" Having my children is definitely the best thing I have done for someone else. I have loved them. Nourished them. And sacrificed for them. And I will continue to do all of that until the day I die.
10. Best Life Changing Moment: Take one guess ... That's right, the moment I laced up my running shoes for the first time. Running has changed me in so many ways and I just can't figure out why I didn't start it sooner ...
And now to pass it on. I bestow the Honest Scrap Award on ...
Sarah @ Brunette on the Run
Saundra @ Fitness for Foodies
Angela @ Life of a Former Beauty Queen (she's new to blogging and my little sister ... go show her some love)
Jill @ Running to Sanity
Meg @ Meg Runs!