Saturday, April 5, 2008

rainy 10K ... sweet!

So J and I ran our 10K this morning in very wet and humid conditions. How did it go? Pretty awesome. I ran a 53:17, over a 7 minute PR from my first 10K. Despite being one of the slowest of my friends, I am pretty happy. I finished 4144 of 24055, which is cool and averaged 8:34 miles. Overall, I have improved and what I need to keep in mind is that I need to compare myself to myself and not to my quicker friends!

J did awesome too!! He ran a 1:05:17, which may not seem fast, but for a 6'7", 275 lb man, it is!! He beat some of his co-workers, which he is excited about. I'm not sure how soon I'll get him to race again, but it was definitely fun having him there competing with me.

So what's ahead on the running front? Nothing until May, when I am competing in an 8K, a 5K and a 10K in a matter of 14 days. After that, it's the Rock-N-Roll half marathon on August 31. All-in-all I am excited about today's run and all the chances I have coming up to improve my times and race with my friends ... even if they are faster!

No comments: