Friday, March 7, 2008

could it be?

Dare I say it? Could it really be? Is my ankle pain gone for good? I'm not convinced, but all signs point to YES! I made it through three runs this week without the slightest discomfort. Yeah! But isn't that always how it is? You make a doctor's appointment and then suddenly, all that ails you suddenly stops. The true test of my ankle will be tomorrow's eight miler. If I make it through that pain free, I am going to believe that a running miracle has occurred.

Maybe all this foot pain was my body's way of reminding me that I am not an elite runner and to stop pushing myself so freakin' hard. Maybe all I needed was to back off a little so my body would be ready for the real test - 26.2. Who knows? All that matters is that I feel good now, and as long as I can make it nine more days, I will be fine.

On a completely different note, Dizzle once again stunned me with a comment she made recently. Like every morning we were off to Stroller Strides and Dizzle told me that she was and I quote, "scared of Stroller Strides." When I asked her why she replied, "Cause they're all vampires." Seriously, where does she come up with this? I proceeded to tell her that she need not be scared, but if she didn't behave that I would let them all eat her. (Is that child abuse?) To which she replied, "No, Mommy! I not food." Too funny!

No comments: