Saturday, March 1, 2008

Yummy, Yummy Pancakes

So here we are, 15 days and counting until the marathon. The last 14 weeks seem to have flown by. (Well, except for those torturous long runs.) I took today off, so that I could run with my training partners tomorrow morning on a rare Sunday run and I am super excited. Not really for the run (which is only nine miles - Yeah taper!!), but for the yummy, yummy pancakes that K's husband will be making for us while we are out on our loop. Yes, I know it's shocking, I'm excited about food! But really, isn't that why we run anyway? So we can eat all that we want?

Speaking of food, it seems that we will have a boatload of people (Mom, 3 As, and E) joining S and I for the marathon, and thus Doodle's birthday dinner the night before. I so can't wait to carbo-load (and eat cake!) It's really crazy to think that in just two weeks, Doodle will be one. Seriously, where did this last year go. J and I were just saying at dinner how it is so amazing how much a child can change in one year. It's pretty obvious in that first year, but even Dizzle has grown leaps and bounds. At this time last year, she said 3 words (Mama, Dada and Baby) and now she never shuts up! She is smart and sassy and incredibly funny.

In addition to her vocabulary's growth, Dizzle has grown in size too. So much so that we had to retire her car seat (crazy - since she's only two and a half) and replace it with a booster because the straps didn't fit anymore and she moved into her new bunk bed tonight. No more toddler bed!! She's so not a baby anymore. And I'm sure that in a blink of an eye, Doodle will be just as big and just as vocal and I will completely shocked at how fast it happened. But for now, as my babies sleep peacefully upstairs, I am going to forget that they are growing up and that they are changing every second. Instead, I am going to focus on what is truly important at a time like this ...

... those yummy, yummy pancakes!

No comments: