Friday, March 14, 2008

wind ... who said anything about wind?

The marathon is just two days away. And my baby's first birthday is less than 24 hours from now. Happy Birthday Doodle!! Anyway, back to the race. It's exactly 48 hours from when I started this post, and we all know I have ankle drama. For those of you who don't know the story here's the short version. Four weeks ago, my ankle started to hurt. I think it's a stress fracture. My doctor thinks it's a stress fracture. The MRI says ... well, it says nothing because we don't get the results back until after the race. Either way, the doc doesn't want me to run. Do I care? No.

So I have all these issues with my foot, compounded by the fact that this is my first marathon and I have no clue of what to expect. Add that to the forecasted weather, and I have to admit I am a little freaked out. Rain I can handle. Cold temperatures I can handle. But wind? That's scary. Now I know you are saying, "T, you're running at the beach. Of course it's going to be windy." Yes, I know this, but there is a difference between an ocean breeze and wind. And what they are forecasting is wind. 31 mph wind to be exact. Not fun. But then again, if I have a shattered ankle by the end of the race, the wind will be the least of my concerns. Wish me luck!

No comments: