Saturday, March 8, 2008

only six more to go ... oh, yeah then 26.2

One week and counting ... that is all that is left until the marathon! A mere six miles of training this week then perhaps the longest four plus hours of my life. I am counting down the seconds until all of this training pays off and I cross that finish line. In fact, I already know what I am going to do shortly after getting back from the race ... get my medal and bib number framed. Then I will hang it next to my college diploma. Two of my biggest accomplishments, right next to each other. I would hang my kids on the wall too (as they top off my list of accomplishments), but I'm pretty sure that is frowned upon.

This morning I completed my last long training run, testing my ankle and what I dubbed the "running miracle." I made it through the first hour of the run without any pain at all (Yippee!), and luckily, since we were blazing fast again (8:33 miles), I only had to endure 8 minutes of a minor ache. I guess I still need to go see what the doctor says, but I really am feeling much better.

Unfortunately, Doodle is not feeling as great. She has been dealing with constipation recently, caused from what I believe to be a slow digestive system (thanks to me) and a little to much whole milk too soon (also thanks to me). On top of that she spiked a 102.8 fever this evening, so my little one is in rough shape. Hopefully, she has a peaceful night and wakes up refreshed, fever-free, with an empty colon. If not, maybe the doctor's office will squeeze her in tomorrow morning ... Feel better, baby!

No comments: