Friday, March 26, 2010

socks ...

Thanks for all the super fabulous questions you asked on my 300th post. I promise I will get to all of them, but there were so many (over 50) that I am going to break them into categories and answer them over the course of a couple posts. But, since someone will be leaving here today with a three-pack of my favorite socks, I figured I would tackle all of those sock-related questions first. (Some questions have been combined since they have the same/similar answers).


Daily Mom and Teamarcia asked: "Where the heck do you buy those wonderful socks?"

Most of them were purchased from Dick's Sporting Goods (I have never seen them on their website though). If I see a pair that goes with one of my skirts or are just super cute, I pick them up. The pair that I am wearing in the header picture, however, was purchased from Little Miss Matched in Disney.


AJH, Morgan, KC and Jen asked: "Are those running (or compression) socks. I only run in running socks and I have been nervous about running in anything else. Do you wear them as full socks or cut them? Do you get blisters? Do they fall down?"

No, they are not running socks. They are called Reebok All Sport Socks. They are more like soccer or volleyball socks. Although I have never gotten blisters from them and I wear them as full socks, I will wear running socks underneath them on race day just to be safe. And maybe I just have monster calves, but they socks have never fallen down. I'm pretty sure they've never even shifted.


Sissyruns asked: "Do you ever get hot in the socks?"

Not really. They are thick enough to keep me warm on cold days, but thin enough that I don't overheat in them. I wore them in Bermuda in like 1000% humidity and was perfectly fine.


Christine Jensen asked: "How did you get started with the fun socks?"

The socks started with my last marathon. The weather was on the cool side, but I was without question going to wear my running skirt. So, the night before the race, I was out shopping and saw the pink striped socks. I bought a pair (for both G and me) and have been wearing them ever since.


Meg, Marlene and Darlene asked: "Which pair of socks is your favorite and why?"

Most of my socks are the same type just in different colors. But my current favorite are these (Dark Pink/Light Pink/Black Striped). Just because I think they are super cute.


Wow. You all are really interested in socks. Too bad I only have one package to giveaway. And the winner of that package is ...

Jamie @ SweatyHugs - Jamie is a mom of 2 who will run her first half marathon this fall. Stop by and show her some love.


Jamie, email me with your contact info and I will send out your socks ASAP!

17 comments:

Jen said...

All shucks... I guess I will have to go out and buy myself a pair.

Thanks for answering my quesiton!!!

Anonymous said...

yay for the winner and for sharing your sock love!

Judi said...

I wondered if you wore running socks underneath? Now I know! :)

Katie A. said...

I have to say, I really thought I was going to win this time! Dang it!!!
Love the sock answers - so fun! Happy Friday!

Marlene said...

Congrats to the winner... lucky!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the socks Jamie! So jealous. :)

Thanks for all the great info. I'm definitely going to get myself a pair someday when I get a skirt. One thing at a time.

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

What a nice surprise! I'm emailing you now. :)

Olivia's Mommy said...

Ha! I'm wearing socks for tomorrow's 10K (since it will be in the 30s! BOO!) Love this post!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your socks! They are adorable and just so different. Don't see many people running with socks like those

misszippy said...

So funny--who'd have thought so much interest in some socks! But they are darn cute.

Kerrie said...

You and your socks...love it!

ajh said...

I have been looking in the wrong aisle at Dicks. I have never seen these! They are very fun! Loved this post.

Unknown said...

Your socks are so cool; you should start designing and marketing your own compression socks. There certainly is a market out there.

Melissa said...

Now I must have a pair of these socks!!

Unknown said...

Yep, I love the pink and black socks too. Very cute.
Hey, Cynthia's comment is spot on...you need to start selling these socks as compression socks and hook up with the Running Skirt Girls. Fun post, thanks for answering my question!

Michelle said...

Awesome answers! Thanks for the sticker!!! I got in in the mail today!

April said...

Love all the socks!! I actually told my running group about you and all the cute socks you had. I am looking for socks for my half coming up and I think I'll try some from Little Miss Matched, they are super cute!!!