Thursday, March 25, 2010

Three Things Thursday ...

I am super short for time today (more on that in a second), so here it is. Three Things Thursday ...

1. I woke up this morning hoping that this Thursday would be less stressful than last Thursday. And it was. For like 10 minutes. I have been so busy with our plans for this weekend (house guests, parties, etc) that I kind of neglected to remember that today was Doodle's birthday celebration at school (remedied by some last minute baking). Add to that a board meeting that I also neglected to remember and some early morning drama and let's just say, it's been a fun day. Fortunately, I have a much better attitude about it this week.

2. Yesterday's run was AWESOME!! Dilly and I headed out for four miles while Dizzle and Doodle were at dance class. It was a simple out and back, pushing the stroller with my Newtons on my feet. We finished in 34:14. Yeah, that's a 8:33 pace. Here we are afterwards.

Wonder how fast I am without the extra 50 lbs?

3. I won a running skirt on Monday over at Long Legs on the Loose. I am beyond excited. And am deciding between the pink and white dots or the floral print. Any suggestions? Oh, and Katye thinks I sold my soul to the running skirt gods to win. I swear I didn't. It was fate. Really.

And if you want to win something, check out my Run Like A Mother Book Giveaway. Entries will be accepted until Friday at Midnight!

24 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

YAY for running skirts :) You are one lucky girl!!

Marlene said...

Awesome 4-miler. That is seriously fast with the stroller!

Hope your Thursday improves!

Sarah said...

So fast even with a stroller!! I say go with the pink with white dots...congrats on your win!

Robyn said...

That's super fast, nice job!

Jen Feeny said...

Floral = Fun. Go for it!

Shannon said...

I definitely want to get a jogging stroller when my baby is born. Do you recommend (or not recommend) any in particular?

Unknown said...

Awesome 4 miler! And I am still super jealous you won the running skirt; it would have looked so cute on me for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler!

Molly said...

I'm going to splurge on a skirt once the spring weather gets here, and stays here! Nice win!

H Love said...

so speedy and strong...nice job. love you new pic.

Tricia said...

great job!

Stephanie said...

I heard you were the running skirt gal! Soo lucky for you!

I would go with the pink and white polka dots...so cute!

Sarah said...

Lucky girl winning the skirt! Can't wait to see how cute it is on you!! :) I want one so bad.

And OMG you are rockin the jogging stroller. Color me impressed!

Teamarcia said...

I'd say you'd be pretty darn fast minus the extra 50. Congrats on the skirt score!

Rene' said...

i am a little jealous right now, i ran with a jog stroller yesterday and did not have nearly that time. yay for running skirts and heres to a great Thursday:)

ajh said...

Cute picture of you and your doodle. Congrats on the win and fast pace with the stroller! I could try pushing Jameson in a "stroller" and see how fast I was.

Anne said...

Lucky you...you are definitely the running skirt queen :) Great job on that run...wow!

Erica said...

nice 4 miler, I say you have the whole blog giveaway gods paid off!! Maybe you pay off Random.org??? You gotta rub some of that luck on me :)

I totally love the mini-dot skirts so cute and I was just teasing before you deserve all of the giveaways even if I am jealous!

Momma Twitch said...

Nice pace!! I bet you'd be a TON faster without the 50lbs.

You're SO lucky you won, I say go with the floral print. It's way cute.

Melissa said...

Congrats on the running skirt!! I'm a polka dot fan myself. :)

Great time on the run.

Anonymous said...

ordered the floral one today =) we could match =)

Running Diva Mom said...

Love the after picture! Multi-tasking runs are great! You feel double-great afterwards! Keep it up mama!

Unknown said...

Get one; buy the other:)

Your day sounds like my Tuesday. Tomorrow will only be better.

Judi said...

Amazing pace with a stroller! I am so impressed! I'm not that fast just pushing myself! :) You running moms are amazing! I am feeling good at my current time average between 9 and 9:30. I don't think I could do this without my great running partner who would probably prefer running in the 8's!

But that is why I love to run it is really just a competition within.

Have a great Friday! (and congrats on the skirt)

Michelle said...

Moly Speediness with a stroller! Way to go!