Monday, May 12, 2008

enough with the hints already...

OK Dizzle, I get it. You want a baby brother. But, seriously, stop with all the pressure.

As if last week's declaration that Mommy and Daddy were going to go pick up her baby brother (whom she named Boy Baby) weren't enough, Dizzle hit me up again this afternoon for a sibling. This time in the form of a song.

"Baby in Your Belly," by Dizzle (to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
You are my special Mommy,
With a baby in your belly.
You try to get a baby in your belly,
Like I have food in my belly,
Food in my belly,
Food in my belly,
Food in my belly,
Food in my belly.

I know, she's flipping hysterical. So, how did this future Grammy winning song come about? Well, when I took Doodle to the doctor this morning, the doc we saw was seven months pregnant. And of course, Dizzle wanted to know what was in her stomach and the doctor proceeded to tell her that she was going to have a baby boy. (No, she didn't try to name him.) This led to a good five minutes of pushing on the doctor's stomach and incessant pestering to see the baby. Once we left, Dizzle continued her obsession by asking me what was in the bellies of every person she knows. To which I answered, "Food, Dizzle. Just Food." From that she apparently came to the conclusion that all moms store babies in their bellies and everyone else stores food. And so her song was written.

On a different note, today was day one of training for the Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon. I've decided to log my training here, in an attempt to keep myself from slacking off, especially as it gets hotter and the kids get heavier in that stroller that I so often train with. So here it is. DAY ONE: 3 miles. 24:05. treadmill.

No comments: