Wednesday, May 28, 2008

five miles is just too much ...

Five miles with a stroller is SO. NOT. FUN.

Five miles with a stroller and without your friends is even less fun. But since I would never even consider missing a training run, that is exactly what I faced today. I headed out and felt OK to start. Then, I looked down at my watch. Only 4.67 miles to go!! Almost done!! Yippee!! (I'm sure you can see where this is going.) So at .33 miles in, I hit the first uphill, at which point I was pretty sure that the 90 plus pounds of children and stroller that I was pushing was going to slip into reverse and roll me over. Luckily, it didn't. But it was close. I was moving so slow that I could probably of walked faster.

But I dragged on, feeling like I was barely moving, until mile 3.5. Then, suddenly, I found my groove, but that too was short lived. I was running a 1.5 mile loop, and for some reason, when I started my last cycle (which is when I usually speed up) I got lost in my head just praying for it to be over. At the same point, I swear that we must have picked up some cargo as well, because that stroller was CRAZY heavy. Seriously. My arm hurt afterwards.

OK! Enough! I really am such a wimp! Have you been listening to me ramble? Someone just tell me to shut up already! Slap some sense into me and tell me that it was just a bad run. Get over it!

Thanks, I needed that.

On a completely different note, I just wanted to share another one of Dizzle's tactics to get whatever she wants. As we were playing today, she turned to me and said, "Mommy, I need a big mommy hug. That would make my heart so happy." (Really, where does she come up with this stuff?) I, of course, gave her a hug. At which point, she says, "Can I have some chocolate?" Now who could say no to that?

No comments: